COACH is a long term mentoring program. It matches disadvantaged families and young people with trained volunteers from the community to assist them to create a brighter future for themselves.
THE AIM OF COACH IS TO CREATE OPPORTUNITIES AND CAST HOPE.
COACH influences generational change within families by breaking cycles of poverty and family dysfunction. Families are supported to deal with issues such as family breakdown, long term unemployment, early school leaving, addictions, homelessness and isolation. Community ties are strengthened, as families are able to gain confidence to improve their prospects and build social participation within their local communities.
BECOME A COACH
- Provide friendship, support and counsel to Coach clients
- Approximately 1-2 hours per fortnight over 12 months
- Receive specalised training in areas such as goal setting, empowerment and conflict, to assist in your role as a mentor
- A heart to support families and individuals in the community
- A desire to empower, listen and encourage