Jobs for Life (JfL)
Are you unemployed? Are you employed, but desire to have a better job? Are you willing to make an 8-week investment to make your employment future more promising?
A primary issue with unemployment is dealing with a loss of purpose. Without work, we begin to identify Ourselves with our circumstances.
Jobs for Life is a course which provides job training focusing on the 'why' of work, ongoing mentoring and providing hope to those in their community who struggle finding and keeping employment. In addition to the training, each JfL student will have a mentor who provides the student friendship and support both during the training and following graduation.
JfL 8 week program enables students to:
- Understand the importance of character
- Discover their interests and skills and match these with a career path
- Develop a vocational plan
- Identify obstacles they may have and develop a plan to overcome them
- Learn how to network, research, locate and secure a job
- Learn how to stay employed and advance
- Develop friendships and positive relationships on the journey
- Develop self discipline to reach their goals
- Time // Mondays & Thursdays 10am-1pm
- Cost // $50
- Location // 165 Rooks Road, Vermont
- Next Course // January 2017
- Provide friendship, support, and counsel to a JfL student over a period of 2 months
- Approximately 4 hours p/w for 8 weeks
- A heart to bring hope to the long-term unemployed
- A desire to help, listen, encourage
- Share about your own business and your experience in what you would look for in potential employees
- Conduct mock interviews for the JfL students to aid in the development of their skills...